Thursday, July 1, 2010

resurrection

I haven't written a real entry in Bob's blog in 2 years.

And yet I don't forget the feeling of happiness writing makes me feel. And how once upon a time, I dreamed of becoming a professional writer. Coming back here on this platform feels a lot like going home. No matter how far you go, there are many, many things about home that you can't seem to erase from your memory. It is there permanently, unchanged by time, imprinted in your heart.

What is the heart's memory but love itself?

If there is one superhero power I wish to have, it would be the power to go back in time. Given that opportunity, I would savour every moment I had with my family and friends in those days of childish wonder, before life became so complicated. I would not have wished to grow up so fast, dreaming that life would only get better, once I gained financial independence and freedom.

I'm a little out of practice here given that I haven't done this in 2 years. I haven't read much lately either. I may have also lost whatever little literary talent I ever posessed in the first place in the process of becoming another mindless idiot climbing the corporate ladder (but finding myself stuck at the bottom after all this time :D but that's another story for another day).

hmm...I don't even have an audience (I have lost all my "readers!"). Tomorrow I shall blast an e-mail to all the friends I remember and to all the new friends I've made...till thenn.....dreaming of cereals with yoghurt and blueberries, strawberries and kiwis....

No comments: