Sunday, November 4, 2012

emo nemo

Life feels almost insurmountable at times, with it's endless challenges, persistent obstacles and especially the injustice that permeates the unfortunate souls who despite their best intentions, are never able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Life feels a lot less like a journey these days and more of a battle, like a prolonged, extended battle with no definite victory in sight. From a religious perspective, everything on earth is merely temporary, it is what's there in the after life that matters. I suppose that gives comfort to people and I wish it gives comfort to me, but it doesn't. I accept that life is meant to be difficult, that we are bound to suffer in great degrees for an indefinite amount of time, but it seems to me that certain people are exempted from this, by virtues of great fortune and luck. I guess what bothers me most is the injustice of nature - how flawed the whole premise is. 

I am too stupid and inarticulate to write about deep things, like philosophy, religion and the meaning of existence (if there even is a meaning for it). I honestly wonder if life is just a sequence of random, meaningless events and we are all merely victims (or victors) of circumstances.


No comments: