Sunday, August 26, 2012

Find your greatness...?

Thank you, readers, for reading my humble blog. I am not particularly good in writing (and this is said with sincerity, I am certainly not fishing for compliments or assurance), but I try my best. After all English Literature was my best subject in school (followed by History which explains my fascination with events of the past) and writing was my passion. At one point, I even believed it to be my destiny. I dreamed many nights away that one day, I would live in Manhattan and I would write life changing stuff, inspiring an entire generation to make the world a better place. 

I am not too sure what shattered my hope and dreams. Maybe as you grow older, you stop having faith in yourself, that you are capable of great things because you no longer have time on your side. When you are 16, the whole world is at your feet. Life is full of infinite possibilities. When you are 28...not so much. You wonder what you have done the past 10 years, how life had come to this - this dark, dismal tunnel of disappointment where each day is a carbon copy of the day before. The mundane brutality of everyday life in the city all in the name of survival. Thousands of people converging to the city, to their respective office cubicles, deluding themselves that their jobs are important, gives them dignity, self worth when all it does is to  erode their soul even further. I strongly believe office cubicles are places where dreams, real dreams come to die. 

Apologies for deviating so far away from what I intended to say. I am truly appreciative of the time that you take to read my wannabe philosophical ramblings and I am even more grateful to those of you that comment with insightful remarks. It is not easy to be an interesting blogger when you do not have an interesting life, much like myself. People are attracted to beautiful photos of beautiful people and locations. I am just another Malaysian, attempting to colour my life and erase my dark and bleak reality. But I guess the only thing that keeps me blogging is my strong interest and passion for the written word, however inadequate I may be and the knowledge that someone out there identifies with my struggles and fears of being merely ordinary, never achieving any kind of greatness. This itself makes me feel a little less lonely. 

1 comment:

immas said...

Live life on to the fullest!! Ganbatte!!