Monday, November 28, 2011

i find a fatal flaw in the logic of love

The truth was...I couldn't imagine a life without you in it. Yet the incomprehensible has become my present reality and I am amazed at how (relatively) easy it is to revert to existing without being with you. And then I wonder, if it is easy for me, then it must be a breeze in the park for you. Although I am constantly surrounded by places and objects that remind me of you, I refuse to acknowledge the loneliness and pain. I keep telling myself to be strong and go on. In saying that, I have successfully deluded myself into believing that I can go on living without you.

It's funny how the sun still shines and the clock still ticks, even when your own world has collapsed into shambles. Maybe life really does go on. Maybe in the near future, the memory of us will be just that, a kaleidoscope of moments and events that have past, are gone and will never be found again. Or maybe, better still, we'll create a future we never envisoned we could have.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Yo Friend, these thoughts will leave you an unappealing shade of navy blue! Celebrate love. There is no logic in it, just accept it. There are flaws, the main one is : two flawed entities becoming one. Nothing is fatal, unless the process of becoming one leads you to throw knives and plates at each other's heads. LOL!