Monday, December 5, 2011

the weekend that was

This was what I wore yesterday to a newborn's full moon party. I figured that bright colors are appropriate for happy, joyous ocassions like these! The shirt is made of silk and it's rather loose but I think it's meant to be oversized to achieve that casual, breezy look.


I saw "Bad Teacher" on DVD yesterday and I want Cameron Diaz's wardrobe in the movie! Although the movie got panned by critics and received a 5.8 rating on imdb.com, I enjoyed it very much. I liked the fact that she was a bitch, had very few redeeming qualities and made no apologies about it. I cannot stand "Mary Sues" - fictional characters that can do no wrong and has every male fawning over her physical good looks and her heart full of love, compassion, kindness and virtue.

I am currently reading Haruki Murakami's IQ84. He used to be my favorite author (I reread Kafka on the Shore many, many times), but I'm not sure if that's still prevalent. Maybe I've become lazier and can no longer digest long, epic novels.

I also made a strawberry slice cake and packed some for the boyfriend (if you've been following my entries closely, you'd picked up that we had a spat recently which resulted in us not seeing or speaking to each other for appoximately 14 days). Sc-hweet!!



No comments: