Monday, October 3, 2011

note to self!

I am such a boring loser. All I do is browse through other people's blogs. As if in doing so, my life will somehow magically transform into theirs. Where do people find the income to fund their expensive lifestyles? Lanvin, Mulberry, Chanel, glamarous clothes, exotic travels, cocktails?
Whoever came up with the idiotic saying "Money doesn't buy happiness" ought to be effing shot. Everything comes with a price tag, in fact, everybody comes with a price tag. My friend proved her point when she bought some expensive jewelry for a girl who swears she's not a bisexual or a lesbian but at the sight of the cyan colored box and white ribbon, she immediately switched her sexual preferences. I am convinced if I went to work in a Mini Cooper, and carried Prada instead of some cheapskate handbag, I'd be fawned upon and worshipped even by upper management. Money is power and power is impossible to resist.
If I ever became rich by some kind of miracle or divine intervention, I will resign from my mind numbing job at some hell hole in a dirty, under developed, third world nation and I will go to places I could only admire from glossy snap shots or those pseudo artistic black and white photos other people took from their travels. Why can't I be them? Everything looks better in photographs. Memories are indeed be created by Nikkon.
Fuck this life, fuck this life. Sherry, you can do better than this. Mulberry, Louboutins, Paris, Maldives are not just the lives of others, it can be your reality too. Make it happen, do whatever it takes. Tomorrow is Monday, a brand new day. Everyday is an opportunity for you to formulate a more colorful and exciting life for yourself. Your current existence is a big fat fail and will continue to be if you just sit there and continue browsing, browsing, browsing. Remember to kiss more ass tomorrow at work, be all smiley (employers love cheerful, upbeat employees who radiate positivity), dress chicly with sky high heels and fake it, until you eventually make it.
P/S Oh don't forget you have a Strategic Management Accounting exam on the 26th of October which if you don't start studying, you can kiss your chances of a better employment, job position, higher salary (and subsequently more funding for your Mulberry Bayswater) goodbye.

No comments: