Sunday, October 9, 2011

stuff dreams are made of



Look what the bird brought me! Lolz, seriously I have no idea why the bird is part of the packaging. A bird perched on a Mulberry tree perhaps? Lolz...apasal tiba tiba aje ada burung!?




I was debating between the Alexa, the classic Bayswater and this for the longest time. The Alexa was selling for about five grand (in ringgit. Why the hell is our currency so poor? This detracts us from doing a lot of things in life, mainly buying imported goods and travelling) and the classic Bayswater reminded me of something a middle aged woman would carry. The Bayswater satchel came in a few colours on the website (with different types of leather) but here in third world Malaysia, the store only stocked 3 colors, the black, oak and another seasonal color in lambskin. The oak had white stitching that in my opinion, looked like a fake - imitations that I've been seeing pratically everywhere so I finally settled on the black. It came out to me cheaper than I had initially estimated (although the term cheap here is relative).

The whole experience of shopping at the store was pretty good, the sales people were professional and knowledgeable about their products, the packaging was as great (if not better) as I had imagined it to me (I am a huge sucker for ribbons and nicely wrapped stuff. Sometimes, it's even more crucial than the content itself!!! Presentation is imperative). In addition to that, they threw in some freebies (a diary, a Mulberry tote shopping bag, a Haegan Daz voucher and a guide to their AW 2011 collection).

I have a strong suspicion I could easily get addicted to this whole high fashion thing. I am already envisioning my next purchase - something small from Prada maybe? Ugh, maybe I need to get a second job to sustain my love for luxury. Evidently, being in accounting and finance does not afford me with the ability to spend on things (frivolous possessions!) that I desire.

3 comments:

Helen said...

Aaargh!!! You've got a Mulberry!!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Helen said...

Eeeek! You've got a Mulberry! Congrats, gal!!

S said...

Hi Helz! Well, I am in debt (credit card) now thanks to the Mulbs!

Let's catch up!!!!!! Do I hear wedding bells anytime soon? ;) Love your new blog btw :)